Standard Cone Apparatus
Used for the determination of consistency of masonry mortar. It consists of the following:-
- A standard cone 75 mm base dia x 150 mm high with a bearing rod. Total weight 300 ± 2 g.
- A conical container 150 mm dia at top and 180 mm deep.
- A platform for the container.
- Penetration measuring apparatus comprising a base with an upright bearing rod carrying a vertically adjustable bracket. The bearing rod of the Standard Cone passes through the lower bracket arm which houses a clamping and release mechanism. The upper bracket arm carries a dial, graduated to read 1/10th of a mm and a rack and pinion arrangement with a pointer.
- A 25 mm square tamping bar 200 mm long.