Used for accelerated soundness tests on cement. It can also be used for other accelerated testing requiring constant steam pressure up to 21/kg. Sq. cm.
The equipment comprises :-
- One high pressure steam chamber approximately 150 mm ID x 400 mm long,made of seamless stainless steel tube with bolted steel cover, which is enclosed in heat insulated metal housing.
- Strip heaters with thermostat regulator and two toggle-switches to regulate rate of heating.
- Preset pressure switch to control and maintain preset steam pressure in the chamber.
- Spring loaded safety valve incorporated in the unit with valve adjusted to work at 23 kg/sq. cm pressure approximately.
- Steam Pressure Gauge with maximum capacity of 42 kg/sq. cm.
- A blower for accelerated cooling of the unit at the end of a test.
- One test bar holder for holding eight test specimens inside the steam chamber in vertical position.