Heat of Hydration Apparatus
Required for determining the heat of hydration of cement as expressed in calories per gram.
The equipment comprises the following :-
- A wide mouthed double walled vacuum flask with a cork stopper 38 mm thick and an insulated container for flask.
- A beckman thermometer (Range 50C) held tightly by the cork stopper in such a way as to avoid accidental contact with stirrer blades and a reading lens. To facilitate easy removal, cork stopper is divided into two halves.
- A constant speed stirrer (Double-bladed propeller type) extending to within 38 mm from the bottom of the flask.
- A funnel (Gooch Type) with a stem of 6 mm inner dia and a body approx 25 mm long and 25 mm dia is fitted to the cork stopper for introducing the sample.
- All the above combine to form the calorimeter for determination of heat of hydration of cement.
Suitable for operation on 220 V, 50 Hz, single phase supply.